Thursday, May 12, 2016

Ramgarh- Hidden Haven

Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
We all know I love to travel Solo, but it never meant I don't enjoy company! I just happen to be very picky about who I travel with and who can handle me when I’m not me. Allow me to explain.. I’m a very calm and unexciting person in the city I live in.. I like it like that! But when I travel I’m like this energiser bunny full of curiosity and an unquenchable thirst to see and experience everything. Something only a few can relate to. 

So when we needed to just get away for a weekend, my friends turned to me to look for options and I chose Ramgarh Bungalows. A Neemrana property tucked away on a hill a little ahead of Bhimtal and beyond Nainital. The website made it look perfectly quaint and just what we were looking for. But it was a section called ‘Writer’s Bungalow’ that had me sold. 
Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
The route..???!!!

Friday morning 5 am we were on our way. Me with my closest and most caring friends Rohit and Swati. Rohit is the most wonderful affectionate guy I know. He is mischievous and yet a perfect gentleman and Swati and I; although we had met only recently.. she and I had connected like we were always meant to be! My absolute soul sister.. who is rarely more giving than I am. Twas a beautiful drive and like a perfect road trip should be… it was full of all kinds of songs, many pit stops and a gorgeous drive.

The air started getting crispier and colder as we went uphill and around hairpin bends, lost our way and went back and forth a few times but nothing.. I mean NO-THING, no website, no HD picture could have prepared us for the what we were about to see. The property in front of us was the perfect specimen of Romance, History and Old World Charm. Nothing but virgin green mountains all around, clear blue skies above, dew filled grass under my bare feet and butterflies dancing all around me.

Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
The Writer's Bungalow


Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
The Breakfast Layout
If this line alone hasn't made to time travel and taken you away from the busy life of lights and gadgets and notifications, come on… take a long drive on these winding and unwinding roads and get to Ramgarh Bungalows.

Warm, simplistic food and service in the quiet of Nature and the noise of birds, bees, breeze and words bursting in my head. We spent 1 night in Ashok Vatika where Jawahar Lal Nehru had lived once. Too tired after the early morning and long drive, I decided to snooze for a while and as I lay on the 4 post high bed; something just hit me. It was quiet. I mean just quiet. No sound of vehicles, no horns, no AC, no fan.. just some tweeting birds. The best most sound afternoon nap ever followed.

The nights were so silent that you can hear your own breath. We lay outside on the grass just gazing at the skies for hours and were simply overwhelmed by the sheer number of stars our sky could hold and we could see… a privilege we city people simply can not enjoy. 

Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
The Writer's Bungalow

Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
Inside Writer's Bungalows 


Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
Cutest interiors
Twas really the next day that I found out about the story behind this place and was suddenly a whole new invigorated and inspired. The Writer’s Bungalow. Quaint cottage with 2 rooms and the cutest yellow interiors. These are old structures which have been restored so have a very earthy feel to them with the old school doors and windows. Now the best part was… many many years ago, Rabindra Nath Tagore had possibly started writing the Geetanjali here. 


Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
Me lost..

Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
Still Lost...

Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
Perfect moment captured....
Yes you read me right.. here… right where I was standing he had lived and wrote. He probably was looking at the same view as I was and started writing the Geetanjali. Mahadevi Verma had also lived here… hence the name.. Writer’s Bungalow!

Ramgarh is known as the the Fruit Basket cause they grow all sorts of exotic fruits here and the best part is they rarely use any chemicals.. hence they may not be the prettiest fruits but they are exploding with taste and juices. You can go for a Nature Walk to explore the orchards around.



Travelling Boots in Ramgarh
Sai Baba Temple- Ramgarh

Swati is religious and wanted to visit a temple so we drove all around searching for a temple and stumbled upon the cutest smallest Sai Baba temple not far away and a restaurant which served the freshest most tasty simple food we had eaten… oh my god how we indulged in pure gluttony! 
We walked for hours.. sometimes humming songs, sometimes huffing and puffing with the uphill climbs and sometimes just silently to soak the view and fill our lungs with this fresh air with smiles on our faces. 
3 days… we barely talked and yet felt more connected than ever! In the silence of nature and away from the static of radio waves and buzzing phones… we rejuvenated our minds, hearts and souls. 


The most perfect weekend getaway!



For booking with them: Ramgarh Bungalows

7 comments:

  1. Hello ma'am 😊 ☺ d way u portrayed ramgarh & the writers bungalow no doubt it is a great place to stay for a long weekend 😊 😊 😊
    I checked d link & i am not able to see any per night prices or check-in timings, ma'am if u'll help us with ths little thing I'll b very thankful cz nw ths place is on my wishlist also 😊 😊 😊 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amrut,
    Thank u for taking the time to write to me.
    http://the-ramgarh-bungalows.neemranahotels.com/ this is the link and you will need to enter your travel dates to get the per night prices!
    I hope u enjoy this place more than I did...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an amazing journey of yours. Great experience and information you shared. Air ticket to Perth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You travel a lot to all these wonderful places and make us feel envious.
    airport parking Gatwick
    compare Gatwick parking

    ReplyDelete